Sunday, August 10, 2014

The Meeting

     This weekend my mother and I spent a gorgeous two days in New York with my wonderful German family! It was the long anticipated meeting and it went better than I could have ever imagined. They are the sweetest family and I already feel so comfortable around them. I believe we will click really easily and I will feel right at home. My mom loved them as well and has now stopped worrying......a little less.
     Yesterday, we all met at the High Line in New York City and today they came to my uncle's house so we could spend the day in Brooklyn. We went to parks, played American Football, got ice cream, and got lemonade from a lemonade stand for their first time. Even though there was a little bit of a language barrier between the kids and us, it was surprisingly easily to communicate! They are the sweetest boys and they definitely have a ton of energy! I am going to have so much fun spending my days with them next year.
such a pretty day!



Alex had decided to take all his clothes off 

yep, still no pants


Tim, Monika, Wolfgang and Alex 

     Although I felt the bare minimum amount of nerves, I am more than excited to be leaving in 21 days. It was crazy to say, "See you in a few weeks!", as we were saying goodbye. I am so thankful we got to meet before I went to another country for the year. Now, all there is to do is wait for September 1st! 

No comments:

Post a Comment