Friday, July 25, 2014

And So it Begins

the winter shopping begins....

the cleaning out begins....

the fighting of "seriously, you need this?" begins..

     We have reached the point of packing in my new adventure. This means we have also reached the stress of "how the hell do you pack for a year?" I know I won't be stranded and there will be many shopping opportunities but I want to be prepared. Maybe a little bit more prepared than I need to be. I like to stick to the motto of "You can never have enough". Probably not the best motto when you are moving into someone else's house. Monika, do not worry too much. 
     I should probably add the fact that my mom is now napping after 10 minutes of going through everything. Everything was already too much for her. It might be good I am leaving for a year after this experience.......
     As I start to get everything ready, though, I am getting so much more excited. The realization of it is coming closer and I am so ready to go. Only 5 more weeks, 4 of which I will be out of town most of the time. Good planning on my part, I know.
     I am slowly starting to say goodbye to everyone and it is bitter sweet. Not being able to see my nephews and niece for a year is sad to think about but thank god for FaceTime so it won't seem as though I am too far away. Everyone is so supportive and optimistic that it makes everything better, so wish me luck as I continue my stressful packing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment