Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Here At Last

     Hallo! Today was my second day in Germany and I am all settled in. Unpacking was surprisingly easy and I got it done in the first day. Now we just have to hope that my room stays this organized for the rest of the year. 
     The first day, I just came to the house and we mostly relaxed. I felt pretty sick from the time change and I was woken up on the plane at 3:30 am, U.S. time. I did get to have a pretzel from the bakery and I was not disappointed:)  Today, Monika, Wolfgang, and I walked around the city of Cologne and I got to see all the famous shopping streets and the famous church which I forget the name of. For breakfast I had a chocolate croissant and then a jelly donut (ein Berliner). No, I will not put every meal I eat on my blog, but for now I thought I'd share:) 

    Tomorrow is errand running day and I am going to get my German Visa. I also have to take a test for my language class which brings me to the subject of the language barrier. You think you know a language until you hear the German natives speaking it so fast. Most of the time when people speak to me in German I just nod my head and smile. Hopefully once my six week language course is done I will be able to pick it up much easier. 
    The house is gorgeous and I have a big space to myself and the the backyard view is so pretty!



     So it is amazing so far and I am sure it is only going to get better :)

No comments:

Post a Comment